Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Tuesday...

In the morning, I studied with Brian and bought a present for one of the little girls at the Guaderia for her birthday (a little doll hehe). For part of my class, I went to an exhibition of Anne Frank... the reason this is going on in Guatemala is because they are using her story as a case story for the crimes that happened against the indigenous people of Guatemala during the war: the genocide, discrimination, and violence. Technically all of this ended in 1996, but the exhibition was trying to bring up that many of these problems are continuing today. After that uplifting experience, I had dance class... I love dance class but I wish we could learn more then the time allows. It´s so fun! Anyway, while Dave and I were walking home from La Parranda, we ran into a boy of 9 or 10 hopping down the street. We immediately asked if he was ok and in very rapid Spanish he responded that he had been hit by a car! The car had taken off and he needed an ambulance. Niether Dave nor I knew the number for the ambulance, but luckily someone had already called and it soon showed up. I was just happy that we understood what this kid was saying because if he had needed help we would have known what was going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home